Lovers of Kanban, Agile, and all things Trello-esque are in for a Top-Day because we just released a new Projects Board that will be right up your alley. It’s a prelude to the even more exciting ProWorkflow Task Kanban that will see the light of day in a few months.
In the meantime, we’re testing the waters with the new Projects Board, which is in essence a highly visual vertical column representation of our Projects Page.
But let’s give you a quick show-around.
What you see is what you get
Juggling projects, time is always of essence, so we made sure that all the essential information you need is available for you to consult in the blink of an eye.
- The avatar of the Project manager is showing at the top, next to the bold project name.
- Below the project name shows the name of the client
- And at the bottom of the tile we have a little summary of how the project is tracking. It’s easy to see how many tasks are still active and how many have been done with a visual representation in the status bar at the bottom of each project tile.
- You also have a summary of the most pertinent date information available. For instance, if a project hasn’t started yet, it will say ‘12 days away’, if a project has started, but still has some more days to go, it will say ‘4 days left’ and if it’s overdue, it will say ‘3 days late’. If it has no due date, it will have a little infinity symbol and say ‘no due date’.
- The line on the left corresponds to the priority of the project.
Keeping up with any changes
But our new Projects Board also allows you to make some quick changes.
- If you hover over the Project Tile, you get the ‘Complete’, ‘Edit’, ‘Delete’ icons, making it very easy to update the Project when needed.
- It’s very easy to drag-and-drop Projects between columns.
- Just like on our Projects Page, you have grouping options from the little drop-down in the top right corner. It’s very easy to group by Category and Priority and then drag and drop between columns as you see fit. You can also group by Client and Manager. On a practical note, because of the more complex Manager and Client group set-up that comes with larger companies, our ProWorkflow Users on the Advanced Plan, will be able to view but not drag and drop between columns when grouping by Manager or Client.
- Hovering over the little + icon at the bottom of each column will fire up the ‘add a project’ module. It’s pretty good at saving you time as it will pre-populate with whatever column value you are in.
So we say, give the new Projects Board a whirl if it looks like it might work for you. If not, the Projects Page is a great alternative and both options will remain available to give you the choice.
Let us know what you think.